Wednesday, September 30, 2009

1884 English Charlotte's House Update

I've just learned a "blog" lesson! I prepared a nice entry and I decided to view it once before posting...and somehow I lost it all!! So, I begin again!
I truly am a "grandma" and until a short while ago I didn't know what a blog was. My good English friend and miniature lover, Liz, invited me to see her "blog" and it was wonderful! I was so impressed! So here I am in the "World of blog"!
My 1884 English Charlotte's house has been in America since the 1970's for certain. When it actually "crossed the pond" is not known. It has had some re-painting although it looks to have been done long ago; but other than that, it is nearly as it was in 1884. Fortunately, the builder of the house scratched "1884" and "Charlotte" in the foundation under the door and bay window so it makes me wonder how little Charlotte had her dollhouse set up and decorated.
I need help! When I got this house the previous owner set up an American style kitchen in the house which seemed so wrong for a house that we certainly knew was English. I have removed the offending large cast iron stove and want to install an age-appropriate "range in fireplace" of tin or cast iron in this house. I have a good picture that I'll post of something similar to what I need. If anyone knows or has one of these for sale, I would love to purchase it! Here is what I'm looking for. I understand that Evans and Cartright made such a range.

No comments:

Post a Comment