Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Here is one of my very favorite dollhouses - the Triang back-opening Welsh "Princess" house! The thatcher is here today to fix the spotty thatch on the roof, the bee hive is buzzing and of course one of the ladies of the house is working in the garden! The house is completely original with no additions and the house itself just slides into the u-shaped landscaped garden and is not affected by it at all. Just like the playhouse for the young Princess Elizabeth, this house was made so all the little girls in the English kingdom could have the same house to play with. My great-grandparents came from Pontypool Wales so this house is very special to me. I purchased it while on a trip to England and had it shipped, along with two more houses, to California! Next posting I will put interior photos of this house up for you to visit!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely lovely little house! I think it might become my favorite Triang...that is until you post your next one. :^) Can't wait to see the interior!

    ReplyDelete