Friday, December 11, 2009



Here is the interior of my 1948 Keystone, Boston Massachuttes, USA house. All of Keystone's houses of this year sported the same wall "paper" interiors and general layout. Furnished with old pieces, it looks lived in and busy.

Has anyone every seen this dollhouse family before? I have collected for over 30 years and this is the only one I've found. They are made of rubbber and are bendable. The rubber is brittle now but they have wonderful painted features and look so "1940's"! Amazingly, the maid in the kitchen was not found with the original family. I found her years later but she is surely one of this doll's line. I'd love to know who made them, etc. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Louise, I have never seen this family before but the mom does have that elegant 1930 early 40's look!
    I love your mixture of furniture in this house; it is certainly making me re-think the decor I have in my 21 different Keystone houses! (Yes, Keystones are my favorite!) Maybe I should say lack of decor, because it is all the accessories that make this house cozy and delightful to look at...I will be visiting again and again! Hugs to you! Flo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Flo....thanks for stopping by my Keystone houses. WOW...21 Keystone houses...I can't believe it! They are fun and "homey" houses. I've always loved my now two. I sold another--the tudor style that has the same interior as this one, The Birches. What do you have in your Keystone houses? You're right, I did a real mix in this one...often I don't do that but these pieces just seemed to "fit". I also love the rubber family that live here...and maybe I'll get lucky and someone will recognize who made them. I just love the tall slender mom...most dollhouse moms are short and sometimes frumpy...this lady is a "model" type...smile. Nothing like my side of the family that's for sure...haha!~ You are always welcome to stop by for a visit and cup of tea! Merry Christmas and come back often. Hugs, Louise
    PS...the toddler is one of those "I can do it myself" types so she's bound for a bump on the head I'm sure. And I agree...thank goodness Grandpa is the "modest" sort and wasn't strutting around the house when the flash went off. (smile)...

    ReplyDelete