Friday, October 30, 2009


Here is my new Evans & Cartwright stove that my friend Liz (from The Doll House Diaries and The Washerwoman blog fame) found for me at a recent English dollhouse show. This is the "new" kitchen in my 1884 Charlotte's English house. It sorely needed the proper range and here it is! Now, I need to decide if it looks right like it stands or does it need to be installed inside a fireplace with mantle and chimney breast above it.
I'd love to hear what other collector's think, as to me it seems like it needs a chimney of sorts. I'm not as "up" on the old English kitchens so any input would be welcome! I hate to loose some of the plate rack but it would be fairly easy to install a mantle and chimney breast in the rear of the kitchen around the range I would think. Please let me hear your opinions as to what would look most appropriate! Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. English dollhouses always have a cozy look...whether they are antique like this lovely, or vintage Triangs from the 1940-50's! I went back to your early blogs to see the exterior of Charlotte's English house...you must share more pictures of this wonderful old house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Flo...good to see you again! I am in the process of buying a new camera and returning them until I get the right one. Perhaps this third one will be "the one"! Some just don't take clear photos! I will soon add more pictures of Charlotte's house...as it is a wonderful and fun house. Thank you for asking! Soon...I promise! Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kitchen looks wonderful Louise! I love that blue colour on the walls. Personally I think the stove looks great as it is...... Lizzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some ranges in the photos of the Cobham fair, and thought of you. I'm so glad Liz was able to buy one for you. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for you comments! Yes, I was very lucky that the ranges were available and that Liz found them for me! I am so thrilled as the kitchen in the 1884 Charlotte's house looked so poorly with its American cast iron cook stove. It looked so out-of-place. I love this kitchen now! The kitchen is a lovely actual green color that is one of my favorite colors. The kitchen is red and green (just like the colors in my "real" kitchen).

    ReplyDelete