Saturday, October 17, 2009


Well....it is over! My Toy Opening event was terrific! We had many more people than I expected and everyone arrived at 10 a.m. and didn't leave until days end. Luckily my husband and I decided to provide a casual lunch for everyone.... we didn't want anyone to leave just to eat!! Profits were great and there were bargains galore! Prices were below garage sale and it was so much fun to see all those mini collectors finding treasures to take back to their own personal collections!
I met a lot of other collectors, however most were interested in new miniatures and I am only interested in the older pieces. I had so much fun talking "toys" with like-minded ladies!
Some of the people from a dollhouse club that I used to belong to which long ago went defunct came by and we've decided to start it up again which I'm really interested in seeing happen. If you live in the Northern California area, please free to contact me and perhaps you'd like to join us a couple times a year! If you should plan a visit here, be sure to email and ask if there is an upcoming event.....as it would be so much fun to meet some "blogger" friends!
When I get through re-packing the items that I did not sell, I will put up some items here that are for sale for anyone who might be interested. Keep popping back to see what's available!! Phew.....I'm tired...and I have hours of re-packing ahead of me tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Louise! Sounds like it was a very successful day in lots of ways. I'm really looking forward to seeing the unsold items that you post on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to hear that the day went so well. I wish I could have been there! Thank you for your comment on my blog. Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete