Thursday, October 8, 2009


Here is one of my favorite rooms in the Glass Cabinet! I call it the Revolutionary Tynietoy Room because all of the furnishings are from the wonderful American company called Tynietoy. They produced "cottage industry style" furniture from 1920 to 1940 in the northeast. The furniture is uniquely American in style and so here is my version of an evening when George and Martha Washington had Thomas Jefferson and three other patriot men over for a secret meeting in preparation for the beginning of the American Revolutionary War which was declared in July of 1776. Notice the lovely painted sofa and chair seats; the wonderful secretary full of "books" and the just beautiful clocks and other pieces in the room. Truly one of my favorite rooms...this photo, the last, shows the room before the "redecorating" took place which I now love all the more. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment